Google+ Georgia On My Mind: A Night Out

Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Night Out

Dear Hubby and I traveled to the beautiful square in McDonough, Georgia last night for dinner with his business partner, the partner’s wife, and another couple. I have a couple of family members that live nearby, my mother lived there for a time before she went into a nursing home, and back in my legal research days I frequented the courthouse often in McDonough.

The quaint town really does have a lovely square with actual green grass and real trees that haven’t been planted in the last five years like some town square do-overs. There are several old homes that are loved. There are also several that need to be loved, but there original grace and charm are still evident. McDonough really is a lovely town to visit.

We had a very nice dinner at Redz Restaurant. It’s right off the square. The website told me that the owner used to work with the Buckhead Restaurant Group which means he must know what he’s doing. We began with enough appetizers to share that including shrimp, beef, crabcakes, and stuffed mushrooms. The ceasar salad I had was great. The dressing wasn’t what I normally like…..creamy, but it was really good. Dear Hubby had the grilled tuna, I had a nice New York strip with Vidalia onion straws, and one of our companions had the lamb. Rather than a baked potato our meals were accompanied by half of a large peeled and roasted spud with grilled yellow squash paired with zuchinni. It was a nice change from the normal butter and sour cream ladened pile of starch I normally get. Everyone seemed to be really pleased with their meals.

The bar is downstairs and it looked like there were a few tables down there. We were directed upstairs where we sat at a very roomy corner booth. There was lots of red everywhere which I would imagine is where the name comes from. A group was braving the chill after such a nice day and was sitting out on the upstairs patio. It would seem that they welcome children as there was a rather large party across from us with several. They were celebrating someone’s birthday, but they weren’t overly loud.

They are only open for dinner and I would recommend making reservations since they are in a small location and they cater to large parties sometimes.

It really was worth the 45 minute drive to get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Informative posting, You may want to check out some postings on georgia restaurant at bizleadsnet blog directoryThanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...