Google+ Georgia On My Mind: The State of State Blogs

Monday, March 19, 2007

The State of State Blogs

I had a nice link over at History Is Elementary from Lucy who blogs at My Florida History. She was putting together a post with links to others who blog about state history so I decided I may eventually collect these sites on a separate blogroll to maintain here and over at that other place I spend some time at. The links might end up helping someone if they are looking for particular state or place history.

If you know of any blogs that devote the majority of their posts to specific state or place history please send them my way.

In the meantime here are some of the links Lucy from Florida found for us:

All Things Maine
Strange Maine
Cow Hampshire
My Hometown Ohio
Endangered Durham
Historic Ohio Iron and Streel Bridges
Old Virginia Blog
Boston, 1775
North Carolina and the Civil War

and of course don’t forget the Florida site mentioned above….

David Parker over at Another History Blog mentioned several state carnivals he found over at the Blog Carnival site…..Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, and the Tarheel Tavern….now where are those tarheels from? :)

….and while I’m blathering on and on about OTHER states I’ve had some email lately from folks wanting to be on the Georgia blogroll, but they aren’t residing in Georgia, etc. So I’m thinking of adding a special linky place just for folks who have Georgia roots. Maybe they have family here, vacation here, were born here, or well….you know.....

What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...