Google+ Georgia On My Mind: American Gothic...Southern Style

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

American Gothic...Southern Style

The other day I posted about Vanishing Georgia, a terrific website that houses thousands of pictures of events, people, and places in Georgia over the years. This image is actually from a book that was published under the same name. I looked on line for awhile trying to find this image and didn’t so I snapped a picture of it from the book hence my notebook and writing that is seen in the picture. I did it quickly because I didn't want the librarian to yell at me. :)

In the book this picture was titled Georgia’s version of American Gothic. I thought it was interesting and if I taught Georgia history I would certainly use it along with its more famous counterpart.

In reality it is a picture of Augustus and Nancy Cowart. It was taken in 1897, but unfortunately I did not get the county.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...