Google+ Georgia On My Mind: Wow! There's a Damn Dam!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wow! There's a Damn Dam!

I was headed to the post office the other day down a very curvy and hilly road, and suddenly I noticed it……..a dam. Didn’t even know it existed. I had to stop and snap some pictures.

Now….in my defense I haven’t exactly been living in Canton over the last few months until just recently, but I was a little shocked to this

These are images of Hickory Log Creek dam in Canton, Georgia. It is one of the largest dams in the state at 950 feet wide and 180 feet high. The reservoir it creates covers 4 acres and holds six billion gallons of water…..The purpose of the dam is to provide an additional source of drinking water for citizens.

Hickory Log Creek is a tributary of Etowah River




Follow this link for additional pictures at the Atlanta Journal site.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...