Google+ Georgia On My Mind: A Few Braves for Memorial Day

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Few Braves for Memorial Day



I did something very American last night….I attended a baseball game……an Atlanta Braves baseball game.  

I do enjoy going, but every time I attend a game I have to reacquaint myself with the process.

Finding a parking place…



…and even though we tend to park fairly close it is still a hike to the stadium from said parking place….yes, I know MARTA exists….that’s another story for another time. 

However, where else can you see someone sweeping the grass?



…or witness some “hosers” in action?



The food…..a dieter’s nightmare….the cotton candy, hot dogs, beer, peanuts and where else can you get a four dollar bottle of water????

Then there’s the seating situation…..thigh to thigh and elbow to elbow with perfect strangers swilling the beverage of their choice, shouting at the players and the umpires, the up and down every time someone wants to leave their seat and let’s not forget the sweating.  



\

It’s hot so I sweat…..I’m 50 (did I just type that?).

I’m sitting in close proximity to others so I sweat.

I just sweat with strangers and people-watch…It IS entertaining.

Where else can you see cute little want to be players like this?




..and last names that totally fill up a jersey?  Seriously?



…and during lulls in the game you get to see life-size TOOLS race each other and duke it out….and I’m not referring to the politicians either.




The players…..very talented rich men every one of them, but durn……when did they get so young?   I have a son their age.....sigh. 



But then the game creeps in….the crack of the bat…..



….and the Tomahawk Chop gets revved up, and I remember why I enjoy a Braves game at the Ted.



I loved every minute of it!

i hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day....but most importantly I hope you took a few minutes and was grateful for the military regarding all they have done, continue to do, and will do in the future to protect our freedom.


Are you Facebook friends with Georgia on My Mind?    "Like" the page now and see the rest of the pictures over there.    Just click "like" on the Facebook widget found on this page!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...