Google+ Georgia On My Mind: Remaining Aware in Georgia

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Remaining Aware in Georgia

Last night I ran out to pick up my daughter at movie and wasted some time visiting some stores for a little “stroll and look”. I couldn’t help but be a little concerned as I went to and from my car in the darkened parking lots in relation to recent news, and it doesn’t help that another young lady, Caylee Bywater, is still missing. Her friends and family have set up a blog that can be located here.

I urge other Georgia bloggers to link to the site for Caylee.

Over the last few days we have seen how important it is to remain aware of what is going on in the news and with our general surroundings.

What if other hikers at Blood Mountain had not been aware of the other people on the trail that day and didn’t notice Meredith Emerson speaking with the suspect?

What if the lady had ignored the cute black lab in the Kroger parking lot and not taken it to the vet across the road? How many of us have ignored animals as we are out and about?

What if Meredith Emerson had not tagged her dog with a microchip?

What if the investigator had not decided to check the dumpsters close to where the dog was found?

What if citizens had not been aware and no call was made regarding the strange man cleaning his van out in a convenience store parking lot?

It’s sad that we have to remain aware constantly as we go about our daily business, but there are people in this world infected with evil and they are determined to commit acts that shock the rest of us.

My heart goes out to the friends and family of Meredith Emerson and I am prayerful that Caylee Bywater will be found unharmed.

2 comments:

dot said...

I came via Corridors. I'll have to check into your blog more when I get time. Would just like to mention Tara Grinstead, a young teacher who has been missing from Ocilla in south Georgia since 2005.

EHT said...

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to have you return. I had to take a few breaks during the holidays due to a few projects I was working on and family time, but look for more regular posting now.

I'm glad you brought up Tara Grinstead. Perhaps once all is said and done many cases can be cleared up once the investigation is complete on the Emerson murderer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...