Google+ Georgia On My Mind: What Are Your Responsibilities as a Georgia Citizen?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

What Are Your Responsibilities as a Georgia Citizen?

Apparently the Georgia General Assembly felt it was necessary to remind Georgians their responsibilities as citizens in 1939 when they passed a resolution for the Georgian’s Creed:

"Accepting, as I do, the principles upon which Georgia was founded, not for self but others; -- its Democratic form of Government, based on 'Wisdom, Justice and Moderation';--its natural resources;--its Educational, Social and Religious advantages, making it a most desirable place to live--I will strive to be a pure upright Citizen, rejecting the evils--loving and emulating the good.

I further believe it is my duty to defend it against all enemies, to honor and obey its laws, to apply the Golden Rule in all my dealings with my fellow Citizens.

I feel a sense of pride in the history and heroic deeds accomplished by my forebears, and shall endeavor to so live that my State will be proud of me for doing my bit to make my State a better Commonwealth for future generations."

You can see the resolution here.

A list of Georgia Symbols (State bird, etc.) can be found here. Who knew we have a state amphibian state seashell, or state historic drama?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...