Google+ Georgia On My Mind: On Hold Till Monday, But There's Plenty Around Here to Keep You Busy...

Thursday, April 24, 2008

On Hold Till Monday, But There's Plenty Around Here to Keep You Busy...

Did you know that timbers from Georgia were used to construct the USS Constitution, a ship we fondly remember as Old Ironsides? I’ve posted 13 things about the vessel here over at History Is Elementary and over at American Presidents I’ve recounted a mostly forgotten incident where Andrew Jackson lost his head. Don’t worry though….they reattached it.

Many of you received an email telling you the Georgia Carnival would be delayed until Monday or saw a recent post because I will be out of town. If you aren’t receiving emails from me and you would like occasional news and reminders regarding the carnival please forward your email address to me at gamind@mail.com.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...